Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Kat/Lena 10/8 PM Sesson/Week 3 Body Bend Exam

 Lena worked really hard, today! I told Suzanne to come get her in about thirty minutes, but I would guess we worked closer to 45! She may be small and gooey, but she is mighty! 

We started with a LL warmup, then worked on Place, Sit/Stay, and Stand, as well as heeling and auto-sits. We even did some sit-stay/heeling during the siren test 200-300 feet away (AKA SUPER LOUD), which I was concerned with (and annoyed at), but both dogs on-site did relatively well with! It turned out to be a great distraction, as well as good practice for reading my mechanics as she could probably hardly hear me!


After that, we went straight into the exam! It was quite gusty, and I didn't want the less stable PVC pipes to be blown over, as I feel that wouldn't have been fair to Lena. So, we cheated a little and used the bigger, more stable pipes. I still feel like she did so well! 



3 comments:

  1. Here's Kat/Lena's work for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this was ridiculously fun to watch. Lena did great, Kat you were so careful to do Conditioned Relaxation when that awful siren went off🚨. This was the first time I saw Lena's 'worried look'. And you were so careful to notice leaving her on a Sit/Stay and leaving was to much for her at that moment. Niko was in full, 'You need to work ME!' attention seeking behavior. Even her attempting to eat your Cheat Sheet was hysterical to watch🤣. Niko is more than ready to be 'back to work'. The stationary PVC pipes in the wind were excellent thinking.

    On the Stand, remember to put your right foot in front of the dog's chest, this helps to stabalize a learning dog and with nary a word, implies Stay.

    Pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That right foot is never where it should be! Agh!

    Thanks, Roxanne!

    ReplyDelete